Main menu

Pages

How to simulate STAIRS in Robot Structural Analysis 2013

How to simulate STAIRS in Robot Structural Analysis 



Concrete Stair design approach

I have this simple concrete set of stairs that I need to run an engineering analysis to see how the slab performs and if the suggested reinforcement work. The question I have is quite basic and has to do with modelling the structure.


1. How would I model the landing? (I'm thinking of using the floor/panels option)

2. How would I model the steps? (Should I model them individually or as a ramp? How will I be able to generate reinforcement for the steps?)

3. How should I model the new foundation walls, and strip footings? (Can I model them all together or should I model them separately?)

 

As for the landing, there is a peculiar case. Please see the next image:



reactions